Learning & Organization Development @ MLL
We look at our people as our biggest assets.
We believe that the growth of our employees is directly linked to the growth of our organization. It is with this intention that the Learning & Organization Development (L&D) department works closely at various points in the employee life cycle to enhance employee engagement & facilitate development.
The L&D team gets involved with the employees immediately after any employee joins the team. The team also closely monitors the various L&D needs of the employee through the feedback received at multiple stages.
Some of the L&D engagement activities are mentioned as under:
- Induction & On-boarding: MLL is spread over 100+ locations across India and we encourage regional, cultural, & gender diversity. We therefore understand the need to ensure that all employees joining MLL feel welcomed and are smoothly inducted into the organization and their respective roles. As a standard process, all new joinees are required to undergo an induction process that includes both classroom sessions as well as a plant visit.
- Town Halls: The senior management meets with employees across regions to share business updates every year. The highlight of the event is that the employees get an opportunity to ask and directly interact with the senior management for addressing their concerns/queries.
- ‘Sparsh’ Sessions: MLL believes in employee connect. For this very purpose, the CEO and VP (HR) interact with employees in groups of 15 /20. This activity encourages the employees to allow the senior management to peek into their personal spaces like their experiences at MLL, their level of connectivity/involvement with the organisation, personal interest areas and their passion in various fields. This informal session creates an experience of bonding with the organisation and the management. MLL’s CEO believes in extending an opportunity to employees to form passion related or interest related clubs.
- Fun at Work: At MLL, we strive to create an emotional connect amongst employees by facilitating various fun activities at work such as festival celebration, birthday celebration, conducting contests, etc.
- Rewards & Recognition: MLL believes in recognizing all achievements made by their employees, small & big. We have an array of individual & team awards that are given on monthly, quarterly, half yearly & annual basis along with opportunities for additional acknowledgement of team members through Spot Recognition across all operating locations.
- MCARES: At the group level, the Employee Engagement Model called MCARES is practiced very deligently. We at MLL also use this model to focus on the Engagement levels in the employee’s life cycle. All engagement initiatives are woven around the findings of this model. Every year, an Engagement survey is conducted with employees to identify the areas that are creating engagement or otherwise and accordingly work towards those areas so that the employee happiness quotient increases further at work.
Capability Building @ MLL
- Performance Management: MLL believes in clearly defining, evaluating & rewarding performances. All permanent employees are covered as part of the annual performance management system which provides an opportunity for the employees to discuss and finalize goals for the year with their respective reporting managers. The managers provide half yearly feedback and assess achievement at the end of the year.
- Learning: MLL actively invests in the personal and professional development of its employees through various training programs that focus on enhancement of functional and behavioural competencies. The Learning & Development department also designs, develops and facilitates various managerial capability development & leadership development programs in alignment with the future needs of the organization.
- Talent Management: At MLL, we provide various opportunities for employees to grow within the organization. The Learning & Development department works with individual business heads to identify talent at various locations & business and supports their personal and professional development.