To become an organisation free of accident, occupational disease, and pollution.
LIFE Impacting Injuries and Fatalities Elimination is our key safety initiative driven by 15 safety standards, it enlists the involvement of our Safety Committee Lead, Business Vertical Heads, Safety Officers, and Site Managers at top 70 MLL sites pan India.
The health and safety of our people is both a top priority and a promise. Governed by our EHS Management Policy, we address these aspects through programmes for recording near-miss events and incidents, Kaizen, as well as safety observation tours and inspections.
We are certified for Integrated Management System (IMS), a certification for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 45001:2018 for Occupational Health, and Safety Management System and ISO 14001:2015 for Environment Management System from TUV Rhineland certification body. We also cleared IMS recertification audit in January 2023.
Our EHS Management Policy and our management approach define the governance setup under which we have created a Safety Management System (SMS) followed by each of our business functions. It organises, Safety Policy, Safety Promotion, Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance in such a way as to provide an all-encompassing framework for ensuring safety of our people and our assets.
Safety Risk Management
- We have created an Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) fire safety training module.
- we have also developed competency training programmes like defensive driver training, first aid, firefighting, emergency preparedness and forklift driving to train our people.
- Our activities include various digital initiatives to enhance safety, using AR/VR technology, for instance M-Safe and BI Dashboard for safety lead and lag indicators reporting; AR/VR Safety training modules like Fire safety, Electrical safety, and Material Handling Equipment (MHE’s) Safety Training Module for awareness and basic knowledge on Fire safety, electrical safety and Forklift safety and material handling safety respectively
Safety Risk Management
We manage and mitigate safety risks by identifying possible hazards and undertaking a thorough risk
assessment, supported by job safety analysis and a work permit system.
- We have implemented Behavioural Based Safety (BBS), Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), and electrical safety management systems at MLL. These help us identify the potential for incidents and help us take steps as proactive approach to mitigate the risks
- A safety dashboard helps us keep tabs on key statistics regarding our safety performance and major risk parameters
Job safety analysis
- We conduct job safety audits across our logistics verticals on a periodic basis
- Our personal protective equipment, contractor management and transportation safety initiatives follow the Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) approach, enhancing the levels of security and accountability within the system
Permit to work
- Under permit-to-work (PTW) system, we ensure tighter controls over tasks assigned and
carried out by our frontline workers, ensuring better safety performance.
Outlining an organisations commitment and approach to managing environment health and safety in
the workplace. The goal is to eliminate the hazardous elements which disturb the peaceful
working culture of the company and help it in its development as well as in growth in safety
culture. Overall, it creates a positive and safe atmosphere for all individuals by applying safe
methods, processes, and organisational structure to meet safety goals.
Stories of Igniting Success
Transforming Warehousing and Distribution Operations for a leading FMCG...
Reduced 50% Transportation Cost and over 90% Warehouse Overtime for a...
LOGIFREIGHT Drives Technology Transformation for a Leading Company in India...